1. Optimize your content on your website;
2. Start using Social media strategies;
3. Content distribution
Firstly you need to know the audience you want to target your website to. Then do a keyword research with Google keyword planner to find out what are the best keywords to use. Explore long tail keywords - imagine you are someone searching for a product or service, like in asking a question. (This will searchers find you with voice search as well.) Then incorporate the keywords in your content creation for all the content on your website.
One thing you important is the keywords describing your website appear on top where the search tab is - see image below.
The types of content that should be used in your strategy:
1) The primary goal of your content (i.e. Increase traffic, generate leads, etc.)
2) Your target audience (i.e. Who are they? What are their biggest pain points? How can you help them through your content?)
3) Your content has to be relevant and useful. Try to set your content apart from the competition and add value.
4) Post / publish your content regularly and consistently.
5) Content amplification - content distribution.
Use More Compelling Blog Headlines.
If you want your content to be clicked on and read – and also to rank in search engines – then compelling headline is are key. There are two things you must optimize your headlines for and that is social media traffic and search traffic. For this to work your headlines should have the right keywords, the right length, and also be compelling.
Some general tips for writing better / compelling headlines:
- Use list posts (e.g. “10 Ways to Do __ in Record Time”)
- Ask a question
- Create curiosity
- Create a sense of urgency
- Aim to trigger emotion in the reader
- Use power words
- Make the value as clear as possible.
Hook readers in from the beginning. You can hook them in by teasing the benefits of the article - telling a story, or stating a common problem that your audience faces.
Use shorter paragraphs. Avoid long paragraphs and huge blocks of text - keep paragraphs under 5-6 lines.
Check your content by reading your writing aloud when editing.
Tell more stories. Stories connect with us emotionally and drive us to take action.
Use Eye-Catching Photos. Make sure an alt text is used for the images.
Share Your Content the Right Way - to social media sites.
Social media posts appear differently on different platforms. So, you need to optimize your posts so that each can be eye-catching and shareable.
Start a sharing schedule.
Your schedule should answer the following questions:
- Which social messages are sent immediately after publishing content? For which platforms?
- Which messages are sent the next day?
- Which messages are sent in a week / a month? Two months?
Don't be Spammy
Add social sharing buttons to your website.
According to Hubspot, here are the best times to post to the biggest social media platforms:
- Facebook: Weekends between 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.; Wednesdays between 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays between 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Twitter: Mondays through Fridays between 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.; Wednesdays between 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- LinkedIn: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Plus, Tuesdays between 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Pinterest: Evening hours everyday and 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.; Fridays at 5:00 p.m.; Saturdays from 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- Instagram: Anytime Monday through Thursday, except between 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Snapchat: you should be posting throughout the day on this platform.
Here’s how can you start dominating with Quora:
1) Open a Quora account. Go to Quora.com and create an account.
2) Create and optimize Your Bio. Your bio is what people see when they click your profile. So, optimize it by adding a few sentences about yourself and your experience in your industry, as well as a link to your website.
3) Select relevant categories. Quora offers thousands of categories for you to choose from. Choose carefully, because your Quora feed will be filled with questions based on these categories. Aim to add at least 10-15 relevant categories.
4) Search for great questions. This is key. The better the question, the better the chance your answer will go viral and bring you thousands and thousands of visitors.
Post strong answers. Here’s how you can write a strong Quora answer:
- Use the first few lines to hook them in. Users can only see the first 3-4 lines in their feed, so you need to hook them from the beginning so they’ll click on your answer.
- Tell stories. Some of the best Quora answers contain personal stories of beating obstacles and figuring out problems
- Use correct grammar and formatting. If your answer isn’t scannable and easy to read, users probably won’t bother reading it.
- Add relevant links back to your site. Throughout your answer, sprinkle a few relevant links back to your website. The more relevant they are to the question, the more clicks and traffic they will generate. You can also end your answers with a link to your lead magnet, concluding with something like: “Want to know more about how to start a business? Check out my free checklist with.........
Use Republishing to Get Featured on Large Websites.
1: Find large publications in your industry that republish content.
2: Choose relevant content for the publication
3: Pitch the Publication.
As for the actual pitch, here’s how to do it right:
- Craft a strong subject line
- Make sure to pitch the right editor
- A reference to a personal connection (if possible)
- A quick explanation of how your content will add value to their audience
- A link to the content (or a Word doc)
Once your pitch is accepted, you need to prepare your content for republishing. Here’s a process you can follow:
- Review and follow the site’s publishing guidelines
- Aim to include 3-4 backlinks to your blog posts, as well as a bio with a link to a lead magnet (if you have one)
- Change the title (so Google doesn’t get confused when ranking the posts)